HOW TO BECOME SAFE GUARD CERTIFIED
Education & Training provides guidelines for commercial kitchen exhaust cleaners (herein referred to as kitchen exhaust cleaners) and the Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) to establish a consistent and recordable set of Competencies for commercial kitchen exhaust cleaners. The protocol is also designed to help exhaust cleaning companies enhance their professionalism with all stakeholders.
- In 1998, to improve commercial kitchen fire safety, NFPA 96 approved the proposal that restaurant Kitchen Exhaust Systems be inspected and cleaned:
- NFPA 96 11.6.1 Upon inspection, if found to be contaminated with deposits from grease-laden vapors, the contaminated portions of the exhaust system shall be cleaned by a properly trained, qualified, and certified company or person(s) acceptable to the authority having jurisdiction.Since that time growing a number of States, Provinces and other jurisdictions are requiring kitchen exhaust systems certification as proof of competency to comply with code requirements.
- Hood Cleaning Consulting was created to provide guidelines for the Commercial Food Service industry, Authority Having Jurisdiction and Kitchen exhaust cleaners to establish a consistent and measurable Standard of Care provided by these service companies and individuals. Thereby fulfilling the requirements of NFPA 96 standards involving commercial Kitchen Exhaust Cleaners.
- Hood Cleaning Consultant provides practical definitions of what trained, qualified and certified measurement should be when a company or person is seeking to meet the benchmark of “Acceptable to the Authority Having Jurisdiction.” All of which will answer questions for fire experts and other inspectors on fire safety in kitchens and reduces kitchen Grease fires.
- Trained. A person who has become proficient in performing a skill reliably and safely through instruction and practice/field experience acceptable to the AHJ. Formal and/or technical training can be administered by the SafeGuard Commercial Services a recognized training program.
- Qualified. A competent and capable person or company having the necessary equipment for cleaning and that has met the requirements and training benchmarks acceptable to the AHJ.
- Certified. A formally stated recognition and approval of an acceptable level of competency, acceptable to the AHJ. Certified.
- Certification can be provided by the manufacturer of the listed equipment being serviced or an independent third party acceptable to the AHJ.
- The nature of Kitchen Exhaust Cleaning is that training of workers takes place in the on-the-job environment. Therefore, the “Training” aspect comes from the employer (as opposed to the manufacturers in other related industries). As the responsible party, it is the employer who evaluates it’s employees, making the decision to elevate an individual.
- The removal of combustible deposits from commercial kitchen exhaust systems reduces the risk of fire.
- This Training and other educational information is provided at no charge to the Authority Having Jurisdiction.
- Our Goal is to provide the technical guidance to the AHJ, which will assist them in making an informed judgment regarding qualification of the Kitchen Exhaust Cleaners. Provide information to fire inspectors and fire investigators on fire protection and code compliance in commercial kitchen Hood Cleaning.
- Kitchen exhaust cleaning, also known as hood cleaning or kitchen hood cleaning duct cleaning is performed with a pressure washer, also known as a power washer. The work of kitchen hood cleaning takes place during off-hours when the kitchen is not in operation.
- Hood cleaners need to know the NFPA 96 Code & Standards along with ANSI/IKECA C-10: Standard for Cleaning of Commercial Kitchen Exhaust Systems
- More Info on HANDS ON FIELD SERVICE TRAINING FOLLOW US ON GOOGLE + FOR THE NEXT GOOGLE INVITE OR CALL FOR OUR UPDATED SCHUEDULE.
1 DAY FIELD SERVICE SOFTWARE HANDS ON RIDEALONG COURSE PER PERSON
LEARN HOW TO APPLY THE SAFE GUARD PLATFORM TO YOUR SPECIFIC SERVICE INDUSTRIES. THIS COURSE IS TAUGHT BY JASON HOFSTEIN, PRESIDENT OF SAFE GUARD. TAKE THE TIME AND FIND IUT HOW IT CAN BENIFIT YOUR HOOD CLEANING OR FIRE SERVICE COMPANY USING FBE LATEST FIELD SERVICE SOFTWARE. 4 MAX PER CLASS
CALL FOR DETAILS: 314.389.9400 or 314.422.9581