Installation, Operation, and Maintenance of Commercial Kitchen Hoods
ROOF TOP PACKAGE SYSTEM, MAKE-UP AIR AND EXHAUST FANS
1. Air intake filters should be cleaned monthly or more often if conditions dictate.
2. Check all belts for slippage and tighten if necessary.
3. Perform cleaning on the exhaust fan interior and wheel as required to prevent accumulation of grease that could lead to a fire hazard.
4. At least every six months, all electrical connections should be inspected and checked for tightness.
5. Oil and/or grease all motors and bearings every six months or as conditions dictate.
6. If supplied with job, check and empty grease collection cup on outside of exhaust fan.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE OF STAINLESS STEEL HOODS
1. Carefully wipe away gritty substances clinging to stainless steel surfaces to avoid scratching.
2. Dilute 1/2 cup of laundry detergent (E.G. Tide, Surf) with 1 gallon warm water.
3. Soak a cloth in the water detergent solution. Wring out excess.
4. Rub the cloth in the direction of the grain.
5. Wipe stainless steel with cloth soaked in warm water to remove all traces of the cleansing agent.
6. Wipe stainless steel dry with a clean cloth.
7. Reapply stainless steel polish (E.G. Sheila Shine).
8. Empty and clean grease drain and cups.
9. Filters should be cleaned in a dishwasher or soak sink periodically.
DO NOT use iron wool (Brillo Pads), scrapers, or spatulas to clean hood!
DO NOT use the following substances on or around the hood!
1. Chlorine or chlorine based substances.
2. Acids (E.G. acetic, hydrochloric, sulfuric).
3. Chloride based substances (E.G. mercuric chloride, ferric chloride).
Vapors of the above substances can corrode stainless steel!
Operation of Hood
Before turning on cooking equipment, make sure that the make-up air and exhaust fans are on. Leave fans on at least 30 minutes after cooking equipment is shut off. Clean hood daily with non-abrasive cleaners.
Remove filters and run through dishwasher daily.
Semi-Annually: Fire suppression system must be inspected by local, qualified fire system distributor.
For more in-depth details call for a free consultation.
Contact us today 1-800.932.1969